Wednesday, May 18, 2011

15 Months

This place has been VERY quiet lately because of super busy days... but quiet is not how I would describe this little guy!



Kallan turned 15 months today... and I have to laugh because for most of these last 15 months I have not written anything down about him.  Liam has books about his first year... and Ainsley has quite a bit of notes and letters... but this 3rd child of mine pretty much has nothing except for all the thoughts and memories I have stored in my brain.  We'll just say he makes up for it in the amount of pictures taken of him!

So in honor of this special day, I thought I'd write a little bit about this sweet son of mine! 

15 Things I love about Kallan at 15 Months...

1.  You have the best smile ever! Your bright eyes and double dimples can do me in each time you smile.

2.  You have just started to try and “express” yourself! I love it! You have a “sing song” voice when you sing with Mama, you have a “conversation” voice when you want to have a discussion with me, and you have a “fussy voice” when you want to be held.

3.  You are always chewing on your fingers! They are so calloused and dry and cracked… but I have a hard time keeping them healthy because they are always in your mouth (can we just say teething!!!)

4.  You LOVE your blankie! You are my first baby to not have a paci, but you are my first to be head over heels in love with your blankie! Good thing I have 2 crib blankies (the striped ones) and 2 travel blankies (the blue ones). You love to chew on them, snuggle with them, and carry them wherever I will let you take them!

5.  You are obsessed with kitchen utensils. These are your favorite toys that you are always walking around with. Your favorites are the colored plastic spoons, spatulas, wooden spoons, measuring cups, bowls… and anything in the dishwasher! (oh yeah – you are obsessed with that too!)

6.  Food is a hit or miss thing with you. Your favorite food is raisins! You also love cheetoes! (if we let you have one) Other than that, we never know what you will be willing to eat. You will usually eat noodles, peas, & pears and sometimes you like lunchmeat, grapes, cheese, and bread. You do like your oatmeal and applesauce in the morning and have started to really enjoy toast with cinnamon and sugar on it too!

7.  Words you are saying: Mama, Dada, Ba (ball), Di-Dee (blankie), uh (uh oh) shu (shoes), ah (off)

8.  Things you do: Peek-a-Boo, So Big, Clap hands, Give 5’s, shake head no, dance, give kisses, climb stairs, take your bib off when “all done”, bring me anything you know you shouldn’t have.

Things you won’t do: sign language (no more, no all done, no drink, no please… nothing!), you hate the baby swing outside, you don’t like grass, and new things make you nervous.

9.  You are starting to play well by yourself or I’ll find you sitting alone and looking at some books.


10.  I love your hair. It’s light and soft and so cute! I love how sometimes it looks totally blonde and sometimes it has red tints in it!


11.  You are wearing 24 month clothes and can fit into all of Liam's clothes that he had at your age.


12.  You have some pretty fancy foot work! You are really good at walking and kicking a ball as you go. (Soccer player??? We’ll see!)


13.  Nicknames you have: Kal, Big K, & Kal-Kal

14.  I love how I can still hold you in my arms and you’ll go to sleep.


15.  You are pretty laid back and easy going. You are very happy and content and are just a sweetheart!  You make my days more fun and always know how to put a smile on my face.  You are pure joy!  I love you so much and I thank God that He gave YOU to ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment