Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Just a Dad and a Girl

Just a dad...
and a girl...

going out on a date...


Every once in awhile, Tim and I try to do a one-on-one "date" with our kids.  It's fun for them, it's fun for us, and we are always so glad that we took the time to do it.  We wish we did it more often. 

This time Ainsley and her daddy were going on a special date!  Ainsley decided what they would both wear (of course they had to match) and she was beyond thrilled to get all dressed up to go out.  She was giddy all day long, and danced and twirled around the house at just the thought of what she was going to do later that day with her daddy! 

The two of them went out for supper...

And then headed to the mall where Ainsley showed Tim all the cute clothes and Tim showed Ainsley what a candy store is all about!

And of course, all good dates need to end with dessert! 
And what would be more sweet than to share a banana split! 

It was a special night for both of them... and one they will remember for a long time.  I look at these pictures, I see this little girl in front of me, and in this mama's heart I know that in the blink of an eye some special man will be wanting to take this sweet girl on a real date.  But for now, very I'm thankful it's just a dad and a girl!   


1 comment:

  1. ok so I love her dress and shoes and your husband did great taking pictures, he has learned well from you! I felt like you were with taking the pictures!

    ReplyDelete