When we went inside for lunch, I heard bits of the song again, and I asked them to sing me the song. In unison and on pitch they sang this chorus....
"I don't want to do my homework and lose my soul...."
(if you know the song “Lose My Soul” by TobyMac, Kirk Franklin, and Mandisa you are laughing right now...)
The real words are "I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul..." It's from Mark 8:35-37
35 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it. 36 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? 37 Is anything worth more than your soul?
It made me giggle all day yesterday! Thank you to My Bridge Radio for this wonderful lesson we were able to have! "Mommy... what is a soul???"
I love my kids! I love that they pick up what is playing on the radio in our house during the day... I love Christian radio... I love that they love Jesus... I love how I am able to guide and teach them... I love how they make me smile and laugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment