My grandma turned 92 yesterday! I thought about her all day long...
So Grandma... we just wanted to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY and that we love you very much!
We do truly love you and we hope you had a wonderful birthday!
There are so many things I will always remember and love about my grandma...
Here are a few of them...
Her Hugs
The way she made the best Irish-Italian Spaghetti sauce ever!
Her smile
How every year she (and grandpa) gave us a $2 bill for Christmas
Butchering Chickens on the farm
The Yellow Farm house with a white fence
The teeter totters in the back yard
Her Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies
Playing with my cousins in her cedar closet
Ping Pong
Staying at her house over night
Her back rubs with lotion
How kind, thoughtful, and generous she is
Rhubarb Jelly
That she has e-mail, and does facebook, and checks this blog (at 92!)
Denim Jean Quilts - the best ever
How she loves Jesus and serves Him
She is a wonderful Great Grandma to my little ones
Freeze Pops and Marshmallow Eggs that she always had in the freezer
The old green bike I would always ride at her house
How she let me make a Barbie house out of boxes to play with at her house
The special baby blankets she made for each of my children
Celebrating almost every Christmas Eve with her at our house when growing up
Her nursing background - and how she always knew how to take care of us
That she has passed her faith and love for God to her family
That she has served Him well all the days of her life with joy
That God chose her to be my Grandma... I'm so thankful!
My list could go on...
I love you Grandma! Happy, Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment