"Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"
Mark 4:40
Sometimes when entering a new year I feel afraid.
It's new... a fresh start... what if I mess it all up?
It's the perfect white canvas... what do I do with it?
What if the year before me isn't what I planned or thought it would be?
But He whispers in my ear just like He told the disciples in the boat...
Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?
He's always been faithful... He's always been good... why would this year look any different?
Jesus knows my heart so well. He is faithful, and in Him I have hope, I have grace, and I have a year ahead of me that He has planned in His perfect goodness just for me before I was ever born.
I don't know what this year will bring, but I know the One who knows. And it will be a blank canvas that He will turn into a beautiful piece of art... because that's what He does.. He makes beautiful things. I may not see the whole picture now... but I trust Him that the whole picture is amazing!
"The Lord will do great things for me,
and I will be filled with joy!"
and I will be filled with joy!"
Psalm 126:3
No comments:
Post a Comment