Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Perfect Brunch - Day 3

On our last day in Chicago, we had a big day planned! 
Looking back, it's crazy to think of everything we did, but it sure was fun! 
Not to mention, the kids did great as we went from place to place all around the city.
 
Our morning started off with a walk downtown to the American Girl Store for a very extra special brunch for Ainsley and I.  To get the full "American Girl Experience", I made reservations for us at the restaurant in the store.  To say that every tiny detail of our morning was perfect would be an understatement. 
The restaurant itself was amazing!  Pink, Black, and White everywhere! 
 
They had little seats that attached to the table for each doll brought to the restaurant.  Ainsley had brought her doll, Caroline, so we got her set at the table and she was served tea.
 
Ainsley was all smiles from the moment we walked in!  As we sat down, they explained that the pink napkin ring was really a pony tail holder that we each got to keep.  Then the waiter opened this cute, little box that was full of questions for us to ask each other.  While we waited for our food, we asked each other questions and giggled at our answers.  The bottomless cups of hot cocoa was a bonus, but the real treat was the food!  It was so yummy... and if food can be "cute" I'll say it was cute too!
 
This girl was super excited to have dessert for breakfast! 
"Mom... I really get to eat dessert now?!?" 
 
We had an amazing time! 
What a special mother-daughter morning full of giggles, smiles, and making memories.

After our brunch, we had some time to walk around the store and shop.  Ainsley had been saving her money since Christmas to spend in Chicago (Tooth fairy money and all...)
so she was ready to find some special things to buy.


She was able to get her doll's ears pierced as well as buy a few new outfits for her dolls.
We had such a fun and amazing morning!  I'm so thankful we got to have this experience in Chicago with my girl, and to have a morning full of making special memories together!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great time! I was just thinking today that I haven't talked to you for a long time....Chicago looks like a lot of fun! We need to get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete