Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Came Early...

Since little Baby Hodges is due fairly close to Christmas... we have spread most of our celebrations out over the month of December.  I'm actually really looking forward to just celebrating one gathering at Christmas time instead of our 5 day marathon of 4 or 5 get-togethers.  Christmas at Grandpa Lynn and Grandma Kate's house is always fun and filled with lot of cousins and lots of excitement!

ipad time...
 He was thrilled to find one of Mama's old "letter games" and spell words with Grandpa!
 With this crew, this is about as good as it gets!
Yes, Ainsley is a little out numbered...
 Ainsley, in all her sweetness, made gifts for everyone.
For Aunt Lacey, a custom made pony tail holder!
 Grandma's famous "Gold Bows"!


 Who can resist stair races???
Especially when there are about 30 pillows at the end to dive into!
 This summer, I found my brother's Cabbage Patch Kid mixed in with a box of dolls mom had given to me when she cleaned out her attic.  I thought it would make the perfect Christmas gift!
I think Jeff missed Fernando Ike!
 Our yearly tradition became a little sweeter this year...
Growing up, my dad would get his accordion out every year, and Jeff and I would sing Christmas carols while he played for us.
We had continued this tradition with the grandkids... but this year added
Liam, who has just started taking piano lessons.
It warmed my heart to see them playing together,
and it was the perfect way to end our celebration of Christmas together.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment