Friday, September 26, 2014

September

Remembering September...

Tim, Baylor, and I spent a weekend in California, while the other kids were able to spend the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa.  While they were there, they found and became attached to three little toads, which they named Nicki, Steve, and George.
The toads came to Gretna to live with us (and the kids begged us to be able to keep them),
but I am not fond of frogs or toads, and besides, we were having trouble finding food for them to eat.  So, a release "party" was a must!
Ainsley was very specific on the place where they had to be released, so it took awhile to find just the right spot for them, but thankfully we did.  :)
Ainsley, and her favorite, Nicki.

My mission this summer was to find a piano for our home, and it turned out to be a bigger process than I ever thought it would be!  Liam had started lessons last fall on a keyboard, and by this year we knew we needed to upgrade to a piano.  So the search started for a good used piano that we would be able to enjoy over the years.  Thankfully, we found one that was just right for our home, and now beautiful piano music fills the air on many days!
Seriously,
Is there anything better than toothy smiles and striped pajamas?
This fall Liam played soccer again and really enjoyed it.
We could tell that a lot really "clicked" for him while watching him play this year. 
He enjoyed playing all the positions and really loved his coach and the team he was on!


Liam also turned 9 1/2 on September 21st, so we had a little half birthday party for him which consisted of eating his favorite meal, Calzones, and watching a Husker game!
He also got one gift which was an under armor shirt... but I couldn't tell if he liked it or not.
The little man getting into trouble with the Sunday paper.
They wanted to burn a little energy during school by running outside in the rain.
I said yes, which sometimes a mama just has to do.
I hated all the wet grass that wanted to come inside, but oh how I loved all those little toes!
Baylor, loving the fact that mama gave him some "finger foods" to eat.
Oh, how I love this boy!
My crew... cheering on the Huskers! 
There are so many things about this picture that makes my heart smile.
his arm around his papa,
dimples,
laundry waiting to be folded,
big, blue eyes,
the princess with her boys,
Nebraska red,
a moment in time captured,
my family.
 
I am beyond blessed... and thankful!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment