Sunday, January 9, 2011

Amazed...

Today I needed to run to Wal-mart, so since Tim was home, I just took Liam with me.  He helped push the cart around the store, and was a great helper when picking out items and loading up the cart.  We had to wait a SUPER long time in the check out lane (have I said I'm not super impressed with the Gretna Wal-mart yet?) but while we waited, we had two different people comment on how well behaved Liam was. 

I don't say those words in pride, and I don't say them lightly.  If anyone knows me, Liam, or the last year of our life, they are maybe slightly aware of the daily (some times hourly) struggles that we have had.  There have been days of sobbing, exasperation, and feelings of failure... me asking God why He thought I could raise a little boy like Liam, and using every amount of strength not to just totally give up. 

But God is working in our lives... He's working on my little boy's heart... and He's working on mine.  May I continue to trust Him when I want to give up.  May I continue to lean on Him when I don't know what the answers are.  May I be reminded that there is hope when I feel so hopeless.  God has big plans for the sweet boy He gave to me... and I'm so thankful!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment