Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oh Come Let Us Adore Him...

So I'm very anti anything Christmas until after Thanksgiving is over, but since Ainsley had been begging me to find baby Jesus, I decided finding the manger set wouldn't be bad.  Besides, what mama doesn't let her child play with baby Jesus when she asks?


As I was busy going here there throughout our house trying to get things done before Kallan woke up, I stopped and froze as my eye caught a glimpse of the mange scene Ainsley was setting up.  As I looked closer my heart stopped as I realized what she had done.  Every shepherd, every wise man, and every animal was looking the same way and all had their attention turned to something inside that stable. 





And as I peered inside the stable, I saw it was the little baby Jesus was capturing every one's attention. 

Who told her to set it up this way?  Who told her to turn every figure's attention to what was inside that stable?  How did she know that it was the little baby that everyone was coming to adore that cold night in Bethlehem?  But she knows.  In her little three year old heart, she knows this baby is special and is to be adored.  She understands that He deserves all of our attention, our focus, and our praise!  And that is what she was doing! 

  
Over the last few weeks, this thought has crept into my head as the "Christmas Clutter" rages war on my house.  These images in my mind remind me to stop and focus my attention on the little baby who deserves all my praise and worship and adoration this Christmas.  I need to turn my attention to Him and simply come and adore Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment