Monday, February 21, 2011

Delight

"The Lord directs the steps of the godly.  He delights in every detail of their lives. 
Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." 
Psalm 37:23-24

I love the picture this verse gives of God!  What joy, confidence, and peace there is in my heart knowing that God is directing my steps.  Even when I am unsure of what I am doing or doubtful of what is before me, the Lord is leading my heart and guiding my days... longing for me to know Him more and glorify Him.

He delights in every detail of my life. When I am delighted, I'm filled with joy and my heart wants to explode.  I am giddy and happy and smiling.  My eyes and arms are open to the moments before me and my heart overflows with joy.  God delights in me... and not just me, but the details of my life.  Details.  Small things.  Silly things.  For an Omnipotent, Omniscient God, I would think details wouldn't matter - but my God delights in details... in the moments... and He wants me to do the same.  

I will stumble in life.  I will stumble every day.  The God who knows the details, knows that I will stumble.  I'll forget to see Him, I'll lean on fear over faith, I'll yell and say harsh words, I'll complain and close my hands to His goodness... but through this all, I will not fall because the Lord is holding my hand.  He pulls me up even when I'm tired and frustrated at myself.  He holds my hand and encourages my heart to keep going, take another step, open your eyes to this moment.  For He directs my steps, He delights in me, and He is holding my hand all the while. 

May I in return delight in Him and open my eyes and hands to the gifts He gives in the moments.  

Working in the kitchen with the breeze blowing through
The smell of outside in my little ones' hair
Her running through the grass with her arms stretched out
Playing with shadows
Structures made out of math blocks
Chocolate chip cookies with frosting at 3:00 in the afternoon
a husband who washes dishes over and over and over
fine, wispy, blonde hair
flipping his cake over
a high chair tray full of chocolate fingerprints

"The Lord directs the steps of the godly.  He delights in every detail of their lives. 
Though they stumble, the will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand."
Psalm 37: 23-24 

2 comments:

  1. so glad you officially entered the blogging world. your posts are always so encouraging, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that verse. Have a great weekend.
    Julianna

    ReplyDelete