Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A mama's heart-wrestle with time

I've been thinking alot about freezing time lately...  Capturing moments...  Etching them into my brain... never wanting to forget... Never really wanting to let go.

There's many reasons for these thoughts, but it's probably more of an intense emotion right now because this little delight in my life is turning one in a few days...

 How can it be?  In the blink of a eye, twelve months slips from a mama's fingertips, and I find myself seeing my baby blow out his first birthday candle. 

My simple words don't compare to how one of my favorite authors and blog writers describes this movement of time for a mama, so I encourage you to hop over to her site and read the rest of what my heart is feeling today for yourself!  :)  You will be blessed!

http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/02/the-only-way-a-mother-can-make-peace-with-time/

2 comments:

  1. Today in church, Bryan talked about how we have this longing to freeze time or make moments last and that is our longing for eternity and that is what an eternal life will be like...having the best moments last. I liked to think of it that way. That God gave us those moments and that he made us to long for eternal life with him.
    Kaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that thought too Kaydee.... thanks so much for sharing!

    jen

    ReplyDelete