Thursday, October 4, 2012

2 1/2

2 1/2

What a fun age.  F. U. N. 

I never realized how amazing the age two and a half is.  I never realized how much I love this age.  It simply delights me.  With Liam and Ainsley, I had a newborn in my arms when they turned this age.  I was dealing with new mommy fog, struggling to get my two feet under me, and just surviving to get to the next day.  I remember this age with them, (kind of) but I wasn't able to savor it like I have been with Kallan the last few months. 

I think every day Kallan does something that makes my heart melt, that makes me smile with joy, and that makes me fall in love with him just a little bit more.  It's these simple moments that I have been treasuring lately and capturing in my heart.

At our house we love to celebrate half birthdays.  It was a tradition we started when Liam was little and something we've tried to keep doing since. I find it an easy way to celebrate each of my children on a certain day (that isn't their birthday) and just do a few special things for them.  And besides... being able to say you are 2 and a HALF is a big deal!  So this time it was Kallan's turn to be celebrated!

I made sure our meal that night had noodles and broccoli (his two favorite foods!)

He had GREEN frosting and a GREEN candle on his little half birthday cake.


And he enjoyed opening a gift of a few new matchbox cars (his new favorite obsession)


Kallan, we love you so much!  You bring joy and delight into each one of our days.  Your smile and dimples light up any room you are in.  Your "Kallan Ways" make us giggle and shake our heads.  God has blessed us over and over by YOU... and we are beyond blessed that YOU are part of our family!


Kallan at 2 1/2...
Kallan, there are a million things that make you... YOU!  Here are just some of them at 2 1/2...

You are happy almost all of the time.  You have this smile and these dimples that light up a room.  Nothing phases you or gets you too upset.  You are my JOY BOY!

You are a very focused and routine child.  Oh yes, you are!  It makes me shake my head and wonder... haven't I lived through this before?!?!?  (aka - Liam!)

You love your milk!  Other foods you like... hot dogs, noodles, broccoli, green beans, "chickie boom boom" (chicken nuggets), raisins, cinnamon toast, fruit loops... and most "treats"!

You are 99% potty trained when it comes to the #1 area!  But our #2 is a whole different story.  Compared to your brother and sister, you are throwing me for a loop in this area little man!  I know it will come... but until then, good thing you're cute!

You give the best hugs and snuggles in the world!  You fit perfectly in my arms right now... and I love that!

You LOVE the moon!  You love the book, Good Night Moon, and you love looking for the moon all the time.

You LOVE match box cars right now.  And when I say love, I mean you have at least one in your hand all day long.  You sleep with one every night.  You line them up in rows.  You get low and look at every detail of them.  They delight you in every way to the point of squeals!  Your favorite right now is your blue pick up... but close behind is the green car, the red pick up, the silver car, and the yellow pick up. 

Speaking of cars... you are obsessed with your red car.  You ask for it all day long.  You are worried about it when we leave the house and you have to make sure it is safe in the garage.  It's the first thing you run to when we go outside, and you even have a special "garage" where you park it every day.  You love daddy's "Silver car".  When daddy is gone, you ask more about it than daddy some days.  You love to ride in it. You love to see it in the garage.  You love to ask where it is every day.  Can I say focused and routine again???

Then speaking of cars and garages.... you love garages.  As we drive through town, you point out who has a "big" garage and who has a "little" garage.  You ask if their cars are in the garage.  You talk about our garage alot and closing our garage door makes you giggle.

If I say you love cars and garages, then your other equal love is letters.  It's just your thing.  You are obsessed with letters.  Every day you have to line up all my square magnet letters.  Every day. In perfect lines and rows. Every day.  You squeal at each one and shout out it's name with joy.  You love letters on shirts and signs and the big letters on a store front.  You love your Leap Frog letter toys and will sit in your crib and play with them for a long time.  You love the show Super Why.  Seeing you and hearing you share this love just makes me smile.

You say, "Open nit, nit, nit, nit" for "Open it."  Every time!  (please don't stop doing this!!!)

You love your Dit-Dee (Blankie)

You are my blond hair, blue eyed baby, and I love you so much!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment