Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Beautiful

There’s a song that’s been playing through my head this week. It’s one of those songs that at this time and during this season of life just hit me in the right spot the other day. The words fell like refreshing water on my heart and they quickly became my prayer.

 
Lord, make something beautiful out of my life.

Because there are days that to me seem so messy… bad attitudes, harsh words, feeling overwhelmed…   Beautiful is the last word I’d use to describe those days.

There are moments where it’s hard to trust what God is doing, and what God has planned for my life.

There are yearnings, hurts, questions, and aches among the moments, blessings and joys God has given to me.

Lord, make something beautiful out of my life. 

As I look at my life and the days that make them… it has truly become my prayer that my life would be something beautiful for Him. To bring Him honor and glory through the hard moments and messes… the smiles and joys. 
All I know to do is lift my hands to You...

Take all of my life, all of my life,
And make something beautiful.
I open my hand, trusting Your plan.
Make something beautiful so all will see
Your work in me, as You make something beautiful
Make something beautiful.

I have a friend who, throughout the years of our friendship, she has shown me what a beautiful life truly looks like.  Her life continually seeks to bring glory and honor to her Lord and King.  Her heart is compassionate, and she reaches out to meet the needs of others.  Her words are full of wisdom and grace when she speaks, and I see God working in her and through her in all she does.  As I look at her, she has opened her hands to Him, and He is making something beautiful out of all of her life.  Today is her birthday, and this song makes me think of her. 
Happy birthday my friend!  You truly are beautiful!
My prayer is that we would all lift our hands to God and let Him make something beautiful out of us.        
Lord, make something beautiful out of our lives.

If you would like to hear the song, here's a link to it on You Tube..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U28b350agHM&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment