My
Sweet Boy Kallan,
Today you are three. And as I sit down to write a note to you, I
don’t feel like I even have the words to describe who you are to me and the
place you have in my heart. My heart
just smiles at the thought of you, your sweet face, and your precious
words. I love you sweet boy… so much!
Your
name, my son, means JOYFUL. I have never
thought much of a person fulfilling the meaning of their name until you came
into my life. Everything about you is
just pure joy. You have a sweet personality
that loves others, forgives fast, and embraces life with excitement and
happiness. You are always smiling. From the day you were born you have been
super content with life. You go with the
flow and are pretty laid back which surprises me since you are so "routine" and
love consistency. You are happy almost
all the time and few things really upset you.
Your smile can light up a room and your giggle is contagious. Your light blonde hair and big eyes turn
people’s heads and we get lots of comments about them. You love others and will often hug my legs
and say, “I wub you Mama!” or will exclaim, “I wub my fambily!” Kallan, I pray that this joy in your heart
will continue to grow and have an influence on the people around you. I pray that you will know your true source of
joy is always Jesus, and that you will always share His joy with others.
You
have many loves in your life. You love
the color green. You love to play
outside. You love your big, red car. You love milk. (Did I mention that you love milk???) You drink at least a gallon a week sweet
boy! You love Liam and Ainsley… a whole
bunch. You love your Bible. You love to play the ipad. You love your Thomas Pillow. You love books. You love your “didty” (aka: blankie). You love to sing and be sung to. You love your family.
The three biggest loves in your life… Cars and Car Transporters, Letters, and
Lines. Oh my Kallan, these three things
are your world! You are obsessed with
Cars, Trucks, and Car Transporters. You
make mini transporters and digger transporters with your toys. You load up as many cars as you can on
whatever vehicle will carry them and exclaim, “A Carrrrr
Trans-Porrrrr-Terrrr!) And let’s not
even mention what you do when you see one in real life! J Pure love and joy… and just a little
excitement!
And your love for lines
causes you to spend hours lining up your cars in all different ways… sometimes
by color and sometimes by type of vehicle.
Sometimes by size and sometimes because that is just where they fit in
the line. I love it! Love it!
Letters
are another love that fills your life.
You will spend hours lining up letters, arranging letters, “spelling”
words, and writing messages with them.
You love to spell the letters on signs and shirts… on buildings and in
books. It delights me to see your love
for letters.
You know the entire upper
and lower case letters in the alphabet, as well as the sounds each one makes. You want to know how words are spelled and
are trying to sound out words. Slow down
little guy… you are growing up too fast when you do that! But it does make me
smile because that is just your thing… and one of your loves.
So
here we are at three years old… and I truly want to freeze you right now. I don’t think that of too many ages… but who
you are right now just melts my heart! Things I don’t want to forget about you as you
turn three…
*You
say “up-tavator” for elevator
*You
crave milk and will say in your most exasperated voice…. “I need ‘melk’”.
*You
will talk about something and then say, “That makes my heart happy!”
*You
have to sing “The B-I-B-L-E” song before you let me open your Bible at night.
*Your
favorite song right now is “This Little Light of Mine”
*You
say “oh-tay” or "tay" (OK) all the time!
*You
are delighted by your new Thomas pillow and every time we put you down in your crib you say,
“I love my Thomas pillow!”
*You
are a carbon copy of Liam with a little third child thrown into the mix
*You
wake up between 6:00 and 6:30… you nap from 1:00 to 3:30… and go to bed around
8:00.
*You
still fit in my arms and give the best hugs
*You love to line up letters in a row and make "words". Before you went to bed tonight, you wanted to read me the new "word" you made. You told me it said, "Thank you God for my birthday."
*You love to line up letters in a row and make "words". Before you went to bed tonight, you wanted to read me the new "word" you made. You told me it said, "Thank you God for my birthday."
Kallan,
every day I thank God for giving us YOU!
You are beyond a blessing to us… and we love you so much! Happy 3rd Birthday sweetheart!
Know
you are loved!
Mama








No comments:
Post a Comment