Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ainsley's Surgery

Yesterday was a day full of a peace that only comes from God along with showers of His faithfulness to us over and over again.  There is really no other way to describe it.  At one point I kind of laughed at how laid back I felt and wondered if I should even be a bit more "nervous".  Again... only God.

I didn't let my mind wander, but continued to replay the words, "I trust You!" over and over again in my head.  I even had to giggle at God when during Ainsley's surgery, I opened up to read one of the little devotionals I'm going through.  I was a day behind, so these were the two "notes from God" I had to read for yesterday...

REST IN ME, My child.  Give your mind a break from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen.  Pray continually, asking My Spirit to take charge of the details of this day.  Remember that you are on a journey with Me.  When you try to peer into the future and plan for every possibility, you ignore your constant Companion who sustains you moment by moment...

TRUST ME and don't be afraid, for I am your Strength and Song.  Do not let fear dissipate your energy.  Instead, invest your energy in trusting Me and singing My Song.  The battle for control of your mind is fierce... and you need to be vigilant in guarding your thoughts, and I will use this to draw you closer to Me. 

God is good.  He is faithful, and He walked with us through each step of yesterday!  He is our Strength and our Song!  Our hearts trust in Him alone!  Here are a few pictures from our adventure yesterday.

We were all smiles at 6:30 in the morning... heading to the hospital.  Praising God that Ainsley woke up on her own that morning, and she was very peaceful.  She knew what we were going to do, but was ready to go.


Hanging out with daddy!  She was pretty tickled that she got to wear Loony Tune Jammies... they were exactly the same pattern that she wore for her first surgery. (We have been looking at lots of pictures from then to get ready for today...)  Thank you God for Loony Tune jammies!

The hospital had lots of fun things for us to do while we waited.  The highlight... a fuzzy poster that we were able to color together.

Her child life specialist was great and did a wonderful job preparing her for everything that would happen that morning.  I had to smile as she was talking to Ainsley because at one point in my life that is what I wanted to do... but I didn't continue on that path because I didn't want to have to live by a big city to be able to get a job.  ~smile~

All smiles as she was ready to go back to the operating room.  I'll thank the "happy drugs" for that.  But what a complete blessing to have her totally calm as they wheeled her away, and for the peace of God to be covering us all during that moment.  God is so faithful in even small moments like these. 

She was not happy when she got back and cried quite a bit.  She just wanted to go home.  But we had some good snuggles and seeing her new "Swimming Barbie" calmed her down for awhile.

Thankfully we didn't have to stay for a long time after the surgery, because she just wanted to go home.  She kept telling us that all the way home and even as we pulled into the driveway and was in our garage, she told us she wanted to go home.  Bless her sweet heart!

She took a nice two hour nap when we got home and then watched a movie after that.  After getting a little food in her tummy, she perked up a little.  She was very serious the whole day and didn't say much... but I could tell she was feeling a little better.

We did some painting...

And mama even dug out her old Barbie swimming pool for grandma and Ainsley to enjoy a little swimming Barbie action.   

By bedtime she was acting a little more like the Ainsley I know.  She even gave me a little smirk as I was getting ready to tuck her into bed...

My precious girl!  She was so brave and strong today... I am humbled that God chose me to be her mama!  My great God!  His strength, peace, and faithfulness covered us, and I'm so thankful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment