Yes, we are having a fourth child. But other than my growing stomach, and a few baby things I found at a consignment sale, you really wouldn't know it. (or at least it doesn't feel like it yet.)
Is this really happening?
We are still looking for names (all the other kids had their names before they were even conceived) and we are far, far from being ready. It is so different this time around because with having three other children, two who are doing school, and a busy schedule, our house hosts a different atmosphere and season of life than it did when even Kallan was born 3 1/2 years ago.
But this #4 is as precious and special as numbers 1, 2, and 3... and there is a different sweetness this time around that wasn't there with the others. I have two children who are very aware and interested in what is going on (and the other one is just focused on growing the 4 girl babies in his own tummy). :) I get more hugs and kisses and pats on my belly than I ever did with all of the other three combined. I'm way more laid back about everything concerning this little one... which is kind of nice. (Expired car seat... yeah... we'll figure that out eventually!) And if my body has anything to say about it... this will be the last little one to be born into this family... which in itself carries a preciousness all it's own.
So as we come to the end of this 2nd trimester... there are a few things I want to remember about these last few weeks.
To my Little One:
*I started feeling you kick at 15 weeks
*You started to give me really bad heartburn at 24 weeks
*We got to really see you for the first time at 21 weeks, and you were active, precious, and simply perfect.
*I feel really, really old. Really old.
*I don't have huge cravings right now like I did with the others... but I'm really enjoying muffins, cereal, fruit (especially apples), hot oatmeal, any anything I didn't have to cook!
*I've already gained 20 pounds... *sigh*
*You are most active in the evening
*My veins started being super painful around 14 weeks and have only gotten worse. You, my precious child, have allowed me the joy of wearing compression hose for the last 10 weeks. They are tight, they are hot, they itch, they fall down... but they make my legs feel so much better!
*The first trimester I didn't want chocolate at all *gasp!* BUT... that has all changed now... although maybe not as intense as my usual chocolate cravings are.
*I'm having a hard time drinking water (which isn't like me). I'm thirsty, but nothing sounds good to drink.
*You feel way more heavy and hard to carry around than the others did. By 7:00 at night, I'm exhausted. My brain is still ready to go and do things... but my body is done. After 7:00, I usually have to crawl up the stairs, sit or lay on the floor to get through bed time, lean on anything I can find, and use my hands to carry my belly around.
(How many weeks do I have left???? These are the moments that scare me!)
*All three kids think you are a girl. I leaned towards girl at first, but then had strong boy feelings, and now I truly don't know! I'm so glad that who YOU are is going to be a precious surprise at the end of this journey!!! I can't wait to find out!
*I am ready to be done being pregnant... and just hold you in my arms.
Well, Little One, just one more trimester to go and you will be here! To my brain, that seems impossible! I'm praying that God continues to keep you safe, healthy, and growing like you should... and that He would continue to sustain me and prepare my heart to be your mama!
I love you!
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment