Thursday, January 9, 2014

While you wait, you might as well have fun!

I've made lists and crossed them off twice.


I've made new lists, and finished those...


I've accomplished "Mission: Rearrange Car Seats in the van" (twice!)


I've finished random projects that have been sitting in the back of closets for the last 2 years...


I've even bought all the supplies to make our Valentine's and some party favors for Kallan's birthday in February...

(scary.... I know!)


It's amazing what you can get done when the calendar is blocked off completely because you really don't know what the next hour will bring... and all you can do is simply wait.


But, while we wait, we have also had some fun!
 
There's been lots of dress up by this beautiful girl!
There have been trips to the Children's Museum...
 And visits to the jungle!
We've seen some serious bracelet making around here by brother, sister, and friends...
 And we even decided to do a family first... Ice Skating!
*note:  Kallan and I did not partake in this fun activity... :)


We had way more fun at the indoor playground next door!
And last but not least... there's been lots of baking!
 Liam made his favorite... Snickerdoodle Brownies!
They didn't last long...
 and we thought we'd share our recipe while we wait...

Snickerdoodle Brownies
2  1/3 c Flour
1  1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 c Butter, room temperature
1  1/4 c + 2 Tbsp Sugar, divided
1/2 c Brown Sugar
3 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp + 2 tsp Cinnamon (divided)

Preheat oven to 350 and grease the bottom of a 15x10 pan.

In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder, and 1 tsp cinnamon.  Stir and set aside.  In your mixing bowl, combine the butter, 1 1/4 c sugar and brown sugar.  Mix until smooth and creamy.  Mix in 3 eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla. 

Slowly add the flour mixture and mix well.  Spread the batter in the baking pan. 

In a small dish, combine 2 Tbsp sugar and 2 tsp Cinnamon.  Then sprinkle it all over the top of the batter.  Run a knife through the batter zig-zagging one end to the other, and cross-wise.   Bake for 25 -30 minutes.  Cool completely before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment