Friday, October 28, 2011

Fall Acorn Treats

There are so many fun fall treats that you can make this time of year!  I want to be a fun mom, and do all of the fun things, but at times the possibilities get overwhelming!  Growing up, my mom always made pumpkin bars with a mini pumpkin on top of each one!  They were so yummy, and that was my "fall treat tradition" growing up!  Maybe that's why I love pumpkin bars so much! 

This treat goes together a little quicker than pumpkin bars, and it was fun for the kids to make all by themselves!  I came across it in Family Fun magazine, and they were so cute, I just had to try them! 

Fall Acorn Treats
Supplies:
Hershey Kisses
(I highly suggest the dark chocolate ones!)  :)
Chocolate frosting
Mini Vanilla Wafers
Stick Pretzels - broken into small pieces

First have fun unwrapping as many kisses as you need to make acorns. 
Ainsley's friend, Carter, was over to help out with this project!

Next, use the frosting as glue and stick a vanilla wafer to the Hershey kiss. 

Then use a little frosting to add a piece of pretzel to the top.  We discovered that it was easier to dip one end of the pretzel into the frosting and then attach it instead of using the knife to try and put it on.

See... aren't they just too cute!



Ainsley thought so too!

And these four year olds were able to make plenty of acorns all by themselves to share with everyone!  They were so proud of what they had made!  I even got two... "This is the best day of my life!!!" 
That's when you know it's a good project!!!

See... smiles by everyone!!! 
Who knew acorns could taste so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment