Thursday, October 27, 2011

Leaf People

I loved this idea when I first saw it!  It looked so cute and so easy!  Of course my "idea" was to go on a nature walk and find all these cool leaves and then do our leaf people project... but time and weather did not allow that.  We did eventually get some leaves, and I was happy we were able to make our cute Leaf People!

Supplies:
Leaves (I dried mine for a couple of days between some news paper)
Paper
Glue
Scissors
Wiggly Eyes
Marker

Pick out some fun leaves to make a body, head, arms, and legs for your person.  Our leaves seemed to be extra large, so I ended up cutting some in half for the kids to use.
Arrange the leaves on the paper to make people. 
We had a ballerina, a man with a green jacket on, and even a princess.


 Glue your leaves down.
Then pick out some wiggly eyes to add to the face.

But don't let your brother get into them! 
(with his missing teeth he looks a little scary!)

Use a sharpie marker to finish the face on your leaf. 
You could add more detail, but we decided to keep it simple!
I thought these turned out so cute!  I ended up hanging them up in the kitchen! 
If it didn't already feel like fall, it sure does now!

Love these little people!


So - there are times when I look at other's blogs, and I feel like everything looks so "perfect" in their life or I wish I was more like this or that.  Well, to keep it REAL friends, let's take a step back from that clean counter (which seriously only took me three weeks to get it cleaned off...) and see what the kitchen really looks like...
And just around the corner from that...

Yup... just keeping it real!  :)
Happy Fall! 


No comments:

Post a Comment