Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Paper Bag Pumpkins

So I've been wanting to do this all month, as I've been inspired by so many fun fall projects for the kids to do!  Every year my mom would do the crayon leaf melts with me and I LOVED doing that craft!  To me, it wasn't "fall"  until we did that!  (and to think I haven't even done that craft with my kids yet!) 

Needless to say the ideas for fall crafts are plenty, but the follow through has not been the best on my part.  Sometimes it is hard to get yourself to take the time and make a mess, but I'm finding it is so worth it!  In reality, most of these crafts take less than 15 minutes to do, and the kids absolutely love doing them.  So I'm going to post five fun fall crafts over the next five days in order to make myself do them with the kids as well as pass on some fun fall ideas for you to try. 

Paper Bag Pumpkins
This was a craft that I used to do with my preschoolers, and it was easy and fun to do. 

Supplies:
Brown Paper Lunch Sacks
Newspaper
Twist Tie or string
Orange and Green Paint
Green fun foam and/or pipe cleaner

Stuff the paper bag with newspaper and tie the top of the bag together with a twist tie a few inches from the top to create a pumpkin and a stem.
Paint the bottom part orange and the top stem green.


When dry, glue a foam leaf on it.  You can also coil a pipe cleaner around a pencil and add a green "vine" to the top as well.  I meant to do this, but it just didn't happen!  :)

 This was fast, fun, and super easy!  It also helped add a little fall fun to my basket of leaves! 
Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment